What is Parent University?
offering a series of free courses, this innovative program allows
parents to access the tools they need to help their children reach
their full potential. Courses in the 12-13 School Year will include
Credit Repair, Computer Technology and a Wellness Fair. Register today
to participate in a Parent University event close to you!
Throughout the country, school districts have implemented programs similar to Parent University in order to:
- Increase parental involvement and participation in schools,
- Allow parents an opportunity to network with professionals and other parents
- Help parents develop the skills needed to implement positive parenting practices,
- Empower parents to become effective advocates for their children,
- Strengthen home-school-community partnerships,
- Equip parents with the knowledge and awareness of resources available to them.
University is free and offers a structured children’s program for
children ages 4-12. Parent University is made possible due to strong
partners including Piggly Wiggly.
How Can I Get Involved?
It's not too late for you to get involved in the 2012-2013 Parent University programs!
the third year, Parent University is being held at two sites– Burke
High School and Stall High School. Parents are welcomed to attend
courses at either or both locations. Registration is easy and can be
completed on-location the day of classes at 9 a.m.